Monday 18 July 2011

Living by Faith - 17.7.2011

After/ quoted from sermon on Sunday morning on July 17, 2011:

It was about living a life by faith as a Christian. It seems easy to apply the faith in Christian's daily life, but what I could say is it isn't as easy as it is said, especially in the situation that we are waiting for His answer over something. My self is sometimes in doubt of my God, Heavenly Father. I live in doubt and faith at the same time in certain times, exactly when I am praying and asking Him to help me in few areas of my life. Luckily, I always realize that I should trust Him and soon, prayed that He would sweep my doubt all away from myself. At least, when something goes wrong between me and Him, I know it and quickly draw my self back to Him.

Most of us forget that His thoughts and His way are far higher and greater than our thoughts and our ways. We seldom look beyond from His eyes on things in our life and forget that looking beyond what we can see actually give Him space to work in our life. We couldn't see how great He is because of problems that we have in life. One thing He promises us if that He is always at work in our life, but we forget as we don't see things in His perspective and we don't wait patiently. We expect direct answer from Him and a direct way by Himself in life. We don't seek and sink in searching Him sometimes. We forget about prayers, support from other Christians and His words.

I agree what was said by the preacher that it takes different faith to accept and to wait/ expect answer from our God, our Lord on things we ask or pray for. The faith to wait patiently is lots of different to faith when the answer comes to us, especially when it is not in or meet our expectation. When this times comes, people or ourselves should ask us a question, do we still love him? Do we still love Him when He is quite and asks us to wait patiently for His time? Do we still love him when the truth and reality are different from our expectation? Do we still believe and trust His ability to perform in our life? Honestly, I may not be able to love Him if I am in the situation. It is maybe. Of course, myself don't wish to be one of those with the shaken faith. I could tell you that I haven't had a strong base of faith now. I could feel that I am still doubt and still can be shaken sometimes. Letting my self go from self centered, trusting Him all my life and letting Him to control all my life are the only way I could really do to have a strong foundational of trust and faith. It is simply and the simplest way to live by faith in Him. I believe with prayers, support from people that where He puts me in, He would never let me go, unless I choose to go from Him. If things don't happen in my way or don't meet my expectation, I wish God could open my eyes and my heart so that I could understand His way, His thoughts and His purpose because I want to live a life that full of faith in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment