Wednesday 10 August 2011

Argh..That lady again!!!

Woah.....that lady at my office! I was nothing to do with her since I started working here, but recently, there is a clash between me and her...I was really annoyed. I have been annoyed few times by her comments on my report and I always replied her honestly. Until one time, I felt her laughter was insulting me; my article, my English my grammar or the way I wrote. I was not happy with that. She was laughing happily while reading my report. I was rushing the report with lots of deros information in one day and was it what I supposed to get? I don't care she laughed and I forgot it the next day. 

It was not end there. The next morning, she skyped  me, asking if I was okay to spare my time for English class. I was really annoyed and upset. She was making me mad and I could feel her insult. I don't know what she meant. Was it because last night? Did this her laughter mean? I realize and always know that my English is not really good. I am trying my best. I was not born with English as my mother tongue, so I would go far from what so called perfect English. I talked to my SA, but he seemed to side her. I didn't mind he agreed with her, but I guess her way and her time were totally wrong. I could say that for 23 years in my life, this is the first time I felt really so insulted by other person's attitude. Oh, I could not stand her for sure. 

I try not to be influenced by what she said or think about me. I don't want care too much what my colleagues would think and say about me. I have my own way. I could not please them and my team just asked me to ignore that middle age lady (she is married but seems to be unmarried). My colleagues told me that was the way she is; talking without thinking. All I could say is she is crazy and mad about grammar. For me, she has poor understanding. She never try to I guess.  I know how good she is exactly. My colleagues even told me, everyone is the office doesn't have perfect English. Everyone is learning throughout the time and the process.

I never want to bother, I try not to bother her. I am doing my best on my job, not for her, for my self, the company and client. I am trying best to be better analyst. I have lot of weaknesses. I admit it. I want and am willing to change are the more important things. I kinda of hate her, arghhh!!!! Today again, she came and commented that: I commented in red. Please polish before sending.

I was updating some databases for Indonesian checks and all she could comment is polish before sending. I just don't like the way she commented. All you could do is that? Well, I would do that even better and let me see how you would again comment on it! I won't let you ruin my day, my emotion and everything. I complained about her to my good team mate. I feel so bad but I need to talk.

She commented to my friend before, please don't only ignore the spell check. Let it go through your brain!

Well, rate her by yourself then! She is married but acts like unmarried lady in the age of 50s. She is grazy about perfect grammar.



Note: I know she is doing your job. She wants the best. So does everyone! Each of us has different ability and capability. Yes or no, admit it, no one is perfect! You are manager, but it doesn't mean you could anything without a little of respect and appreciation. We are all human with weaknesses and strength! Your words and your mouth are sharper than the sword. The mark may left deep and you never know! I learn a lesson...

When I cried, I learn
When I complaint, I learn
When I am hurt, I learn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment