Tuesday 26 April 2011

16.04.2011-part 2

I am back with my updates on my post 16.04.2011...I just wanna share with you of the seminar's (Learning to Comfort Those Who Mourn) speaker, Edmun Ng.

Here we go, Edmund Ng is a certified grief therapist who is qualified in ministry, counseling and Thanatology. He and his present wife, Pauline are the founder of GGP (Grace to Grieving Persons) Outreach in 2007. GGP is a grief support ministry that reaches out to people who have lost their loved ones. As a couple, Edmund and Pauline have ministered large numbers of bereaved people, both on one on one bases and collectively in Grief Support Groups.

Edmund has taught extensively on the subject in churches, seminaries, universities and counseling seminars. He has also spoken at international conferences, including the World Conference of Christian Counselors in United States.

For your information, Edmund and Pauline have experienced first-hand the deep pain and loneliness of suddenly losing their respective spouses. Edmund's first wife, Jessie died unexpectedly in intra-cerebral haemorrhage at the age of 49 while Pauline's first husband was killed in a car accident and she has been widowed for 15 years.

Edmund hold a master degree in Ministry. He has also taken post-graduate studies in counseling in Australia, Thanatology in United States and is presently a doctoral candidate (United Kingdom). He is also the member of the American Association of Christian Counselor and the Association of Death Education and Counseling (United States).

....Well, it proved that God has used their weaknesses for His purpose.. :)

Attending the seminar has equipped me well with the knowledge. It lets me have a better understanding and deeper inside over the situation and condition of people who have lost their lost one. I am one of them. However, I still don't able to identify and deal well with my emotions. I guess everyone is the same, will not deal well if he/ she has to be face in face with mourning people...Me and you may not be able to know what the right and the best way to talk with them; what to ask, what not to ask, how to start and how to add and because of this too, we tend to be ignorant to those people who actually are in need for loves and attention. 

For my case, till now, I don't like people ask about my past, but I wish people know it sometimes and then understand why I act so/ why I am different, but I don't like people give me their pity over my self. Even with the person that I love, I couldn't freely talk about it but I wish he ask me about it :)

Anyway, now I am about to start reading Edmund Ng's book titled "The Time Approach to Grief Support", I would love to share it, but my reading is very slow, hehe...For now, I hope I could overcome my mourning and say good bye to it because I don't want to get my self sink into it for the rest of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment