Wednesday 5 October 2011

True Heart of Christianity and Worshiper



I attended a seminar held by my church last night. It was a talk by Pastor Neil and his wife, well, I have no idea where they are come from, but the only I know about them is that they are active missionary which have visited numbers of countries around the world; Philippines, New Zealand and Australia.

I knew it when we had a worship training few weeks ago and I just feel that I wanna go. I need it since he would talk about worshiping God and I need to know more about that because I am in the team. I have also arrange my availability on  that day to attend  and finally found a friend, Amos to go with me. How much I wish my sweet heart could go, as well as others who are in worship team, but my man is busy to prepare his songs for this coming Saturday Sunday's worship practice and my other friends had a birthday celebration with another friend. Luckily I found a companion, if not, I really have to cancel my intention to go as I don't know where it is exactly and parking was another problem for me. I feel safe when I need to go somewhere unfamiliar with someone with me, hehehe...

Back to the talk/ seminar, I enjoyed the worship part before the preach and the talk. It was a simple worship with only piano. It was led by two worship leaders; two mommies. I enjoyed and I could feel how much I love just to sing for Him; praising, worshiping and declaring how great my God is. I submitted my life to His hand again at the moment and that was it. After all, I feel refresh with last night talk/ seminar. I know something about and on Him even more than before.

I know they would talk something on worship without any idea how would it be conducted. I thought it would be some discussion and technical part of worshiping. I was wrong at all. It was not technical at all, it is all about God. :)

His wife started with a sermon and she used the book of Samuel, the story of David. She used that story and told us what qualities we would need to be the mighty man of God, just like David.

(Honestly, I am not familiar with bible stories, I just know those story and not so sure about the details. Everytime, I feel guilty and wonder, why I did not read His words, why I seem to have no desire and passion on them. This has been my prayer that I could have passion and desire on that, but until this moment, I am doing well on it.)

We all know that David was the youngest son of Samuel and he was chosen by God amongst his brothers. God was with him and he was also the mighty man for his people. He killed Goliath, his people's enemy and he was then made to be king by God. 
Every Christian is chosen by Him. I become even more belief about that when I read a passage forwarded by my uncle that we are chosen by Him to be His people that He would use and work with us for a greater plan. How significant or not your and my role is in His ministry to serve Him and people, we are special, we are big and we are loved by Him.  He loves us unconditionally for who we are as a person.

Everyone can choose to be the mighty man and woman of God. It is our choice. Pastor Niel's wife told us that bible told us to put on and put off. Put off the old us and our old cloth and then put on the new cloth from Him on us. We should always protect our heart, guard our mouth, wear a helmet of salvation on our head  to protect our mind. Every Christian has to have a strong determination on his/ her position and should always have a keeper for each part of his/ her body, especially those who come from outside. We are told by bible that the one which goes in from outside wouldn't defile us or our selves, but the one comes out from inside may defile us. (Matthew 15:11)

Like David, we should always learn to surrender ourselves to Him, no matter in what we do. We should do it for the glory of God. Let's get the assurance that God is with us. Everyone should know that serving in God ministry is not about to impress others; how great our knowledge or how talented we are. Personally, I still do that sometimes. We tend to forget the core focus, and start to have the motivation or heart that want to impress people on what and how I could do well compared with others. I, myself, truly need to be able to build that long and intimate relationship with Him; a relationship where I could really take Him as focus of my life no matter where I am and what I do. 

She told us too that we should live on His words each day. We should believe on each words of Him and let's us realize that that is the vital needs and the bread for us. We should really ask and pray that He would give us the desire and passion to read and live His word in our life. She added that God would be so happy and it's His pleasure to give us that passion on Him.

(I would like to really take this seriously, praying that He would give that passion and desire to read His words daily in my life)

I am not really writing this well. I missed out some points for sure without notes, but these are all things that I could remember and would like to live it out. Oh ya, one more, she also said that the real beauty of someone was not determined by his or her physical appearance, but it is about living more and more like Him in life.
Well, this piece of writing may seem jumping here and there and messy. I just write what I remember. It is not the end yet. Now, let's go to see how is the true worshiper heart is.

Most of Christians would confuse and some would believe that serving in God's ministry should be one significant role. I think of this sometimes. I usually complain about that to my sweet heart and he would always said, "You should learn to do it gracefully, not expecting people's acceptance and approval/ compliments, even nobody notice or talk about it. No matter how big or how small that service/ thing is, do it for God. Focus on Him. If there would come one day when you are happy serving His people and His church without any hesitation, the feeling to get pay back and rewarded, the feeling to be recognized and approved by people, then you are mature in spirituality. That is the real meaning of growing up in Him; to be His people." I am trying to apply it, but sometimes I am okay with it, fail and I realize I need time.

I just want to remind my self and my sweet heart that, being a Christian should start with the heart; a new heart from Him. A heart that worships, praises and declares His mightiness. The journey starts with the heart of worshiper. That is the key word and once again, it reminds me and knock my head that, "Let's go back to the heart of worship!".

Pastor Neil said so. Being in worship team is not about how skillful you are, how talented you are or how great you are in leading people, but it's about the heart that we have; the heart of worshiper, true worshiper. 

True worshiper is someone that surrender all and summit themselves to be led by Holy Spirit. True worshiper has the sensitivity of spiritual needs of people when he/ she is worship leader. They know and ask Holy Spirit to direct them. Not blindly follow the agenda/ order of the day, they could sense the presence of God how it would bring and direct them to lead His people.

True worshiper is not all about the musical talent and background's some one has. It is not all the technicality, but it is far beyond those talent, skill and ability. The heart matters. The surrender of one's heart matters most to be led and used by the Holy Spirit.

All I could say was the talk was so simple and to the point. I am easily getting key word to remind my self how much we need to pray each day for the desire and passion to know more and more of Him with the servant heart from Him in all we do daily, wherever we are in what we do, whether we are walking, driving and working, even just sweeping a floor, cooking and thinking. We need to always set our focus right in Him; doing all daily and spiritual related things to the glory of God. Our heart matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment